Facebook Announces A Bunch Of New Open Graph Apps
Facebook announced a new round of Open Graph apps that will help users populate their timelines by sharing the content they’re consuming.
The new round includes apps from Buzzfeed, CBS Local (LA and NY), CMT, The Daily Show, GetGlue, Huffington Post, Mashable, MSNBC.com, MTV News, Pixable, Sporting News (which will actually launch next month) and the Today Show.
“Since we announced the first round of new timeline apps built with the Open Graph at f8, we’ve seen quick adoption from media companies of all sizes from around the world,” says Facebook’s Director of Media Partnerships, Justin Osofsky. “These sites have built engaging web and mobile experiences to help people discover news and content through their friends and add their favorite articles and videos to their timeline.”
Earlier this week, Facebook wrote about the early success some of the other existing apps have been seeing. Some stats from that:
- Pinterest: number of Facebook users visiting Pinterest every day has increased by more than 60%.
- Pose: 5X increase in daily web signups for their website and mobile app
- Fab.com: 50% increase in traffic from Facebook.
- Artfinder: 60% increase in time spent on the site by new
- Rockmelt: 20% new traffic and new users to the site.
- Foodspotting: 3X increase in number of visits and activities shared
- Foodily: 4X increase in new users
Some other new stats Facebook is sharing about apps:
- Yahoo: ver the past 3 months, more than 25 million people have opted in to Social Bar, and 2 million people are using it every day. Younger users, aged 18 – 34, are the most active.
- Rockmelt: Rockmelt users are adding 14 new articles every day through the social browser, driving 20% new traffic and new users to the site.
- The Guardian UK: Since launching at f8, the app has been installed over 5 million times. Over half of the app’s users are 24 and under, bringing the Guardian to a traditionally hard to reach audience.
- Digg: Since Digg Social Reader launched, their page views are up 35%. They’ve seen a 2X increase in the number of monthly active users of their app, a 4X increase in weekly active users, and a 3X increase in daily active users.